Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Wrinkles in Year Old Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Wrinkles in Year Old Liner

I had a new liner put in my above ground pool at the end of the last pool season. There wasn't a wrinkle to be found when it was installed, now all of a sudden I have noticed a few wrinkles on the bottom. Is it normal for a liner to do that, is it something to do with settling? I've heard that low pH will do this, but my pH was around 8 today.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Wrinkles in Year Old Liner

I've gotten a few creases in mine so I feel it's normal.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm curious as to what type of bottom you have, sand or foam? Because I could see there being some shift with temp changes and general foot traffic over a smoother surface like foam.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Do you use muriatic to lower pH? Do you make sure it is diluted by pouring it in fron of a return?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

i just saw this post and have developed some small wrinkles in an area of my pool liner feels a little loose. I have a 1 inch foam bottom and a 15x30 steel pool. Its been up about two weeks now. Im thinking from all the moving around and play some wrinkles developed. Its also near the wedding cake stairs which move around alot and have to be put back in place constantly, is this sound normal?

6. Back To Top    #6

My liner developed a few wrinkles aside from what the vacuum caused (too much power). I also have two sunken spots. I never thought the wrinkles were normal since my friends pool has 0 after about 7 years of use now. I just assumed it developed due to the way it was installed. I have a sand base.
    24' Round AGP / 15,000 Gal / Hayward Powerflow 1HP 2SPD / Hayward S244T Sand Filter / Pool Rover Jr. / TF100 / ...