Will I need new filter cartridges if I convert to SWG?

nidamer

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2016
Toronto/Ontario/Canada
Hi there! My filter cartridges need replacement which will set me back about $600. I am also thinking of possibly converting the pool to SWG at some point in the future. If I need new cartridges after converting to SWG then maybe I should hold off the purchase until I make up my mind about the conversion. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

About the Pleatco filters, pooldv, can I do that? I thought I can only get the OEM "Sta-Rite 25021-0200S & 25022-0201S System 3 S7M120" and they are really expensive. I will definitely check them. Are there any other good brands in case Pleatco is not available in Canada?

As you can probably tell by now, I am very new to pool ownership :confused:;)

I don't know if they are available in Canada. Pleatco has a great website and even better customer service. If you tell them what you have they will figure out if they can help you.

There are several brands that you can use. Don't pay extra for OEM, there is little difference in performance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.