Hi to all from Missouri

kingbw

Jan 20, 2016
Herculaneum, MO
Been lurking for awhile getting lots of good ideas and information....Thanks to all for all the time and effort you spend helping people.

Put up my first above ground in the early 90's when a friends mom wanted their oblong dilapidated above ground....GONE. Removed it cleaned it up, painted it and reinstalled it in our yard...the kids had a blast. I remember a few sleepless nights wondering if that thing was going to stay together or if it was going to flood our yard....and maybe the neighbors. Moved a few years later and installed a new 27' round at the new house...again had some sleepless nights wondering if it was going to break and flood our house. But 15 years later we're no longer there but the pool is.

Now on to the new house.......Moved almost 5 years ago, rehabbed the house and then started working on retaining walls and patios in our back yard about 2 years ago and are now seriously into the pool area. Have decided to go with a Medallion St Croix freedom pool as we are building the pool into a steep hillside. We plan on about 3/4 of the pool being buried and the remaining wall being exposed. There will be a 5' retaining wall that will bring the grade up to level to install the pool....am I nervous about this.....YES(heck I lost sleep over the level graded above ground installations...this one is really going to test me!) But after 2 years (and 4 tractor trailers of blocks) building retaining walls in the back yard I hope to be ready for the task. I was nervous about the other walls too but all is good after 2 years...I say that with my fingers crossed. Walls are all 6' or less in height and were built to manufacturers engineering using screenings for the base, geogrid, fabric and drain tile. I've learned a lot and now plan on moving on to the pool.....oh and having a nephew that's an excavator doesn't hurt....he has been a savior on moving the blocks, moving the fill and helping with decisions.

I hope to have the base ready to go by the end of July and start on the pool install...honestly my hope is that we finish it in the fall and close it up to let it sit all winter....then I'll feel better about people using it after it has made it through the winter.
icon7.png
I'll try to start a thread and post a few pics as the project progresses.

Thanks again to all the site moderators and everyone else for this great website and all it's information!