New to BBB , OCLT

ShawnG

Aug 4, 2015
Merrick, NY
Last year was my first year owned a pool. I brought everything the store sold. This year I have gotten wiser. I opened to a cloudy but not green pool. I got a good test kit and began a slam based on my CYA level (50). Everything is going great CC is 0, water is clear but 1.5 weeks in I still can't pass the OCLT test. I usually test FC at 20 ppm at 10pm and then test at 5:30am and have been losing 3 ppm a night. I usually add 36ox of 8.25 bleach every morning. I clean filter, floor and walls everyday. any suggestions? Thanks in advance, this is a great forum

I find the CYA test to also be very hard. I am not sure if I still see dot or not but dipstick and pool store are all around 50 as well.

Any ladders or lights that can be removed and scrubbed with a dilute bleach solution? Algae loves to hide and protect itself in small nooks and crannies so think like a single celled organism. Where would you hide in your pool to avoid the brush and circulation?

It's perfectly safe to hop in the pool and scrub if your FC is just below your shock level based on your CYA. So at 50 ppm CYA if your FC is 19, it's fine to swim. It might be a bit hard on your suit, but OK.

If you're going to pull the ladder out of inside the pool and scrub it down, use about 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of water for scrubbing, then rinse it off well with tap water/hose.

It's perfectly safe to hop in the pool and scrub if your FC is just below your shock level based on your CYA. So at 50 ppm CYA if your FC is 19, it's fine to swim. It might be a bit hard on your suit, but OK.

If you're going to pull the ladder out of inside the pool and scrub it down, use about 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of water for scrubbing, then rinse it off well with tap water/hose.
Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.