Who knows about a Heater suction temperature reading?

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
The pool heater is on. Set at 83. Pool temp is 83 and has been 83 all week. On the menu select is suction temp actual 52 f. What is this ? I called pentair pro technical and asked him. He said its actual water temp coming into heater. But how can that be if water temp says 83. He said the bottom of pool water is colder. I started thinking and the pool is sucking from top of pool. Out came the book but I can't find any info. Says call a pentair tec. What is this ?

Re: Who knows about suction temp?

There is no way you would have a 30 degree difference from the top to bottom of the pool.

I am guessing that something is wrong with the temperature gauge ...

I am going to change your title and move this to a better forum that might get more attention.

Re: Who knows about suction temp?

I got to download a pict of pool.

- - - Updated - - -

The gauge say 83. The suction says 52. I just asked my buddy. AC guy. He says its for the built in AC. I don't know much about elect pool heaters. Why would it even have a AC built in? My buddy asked if its a elect heat pump or elect heater. I have no clue. That's why we have this site.

What heater do you have? (not that I can help, but trying to gather info for someone who can)

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

From the manual

8. Suction Temperature Screen
Shows the suction line temperature of the refrigerant. This screen appears if the Defrost is enabled.
This is the temperature of the refrigerant at the input to the compressor. Has nothing to do with water temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.