Question on bead receiver

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Quick question. Since this pool is new to me and we got it used, I am wondering if I should have taped the seams where the bead receivers meet up? I was in the pool earlier and noticed that if the water gets to moving it occasionally will flip up above the bead. I've looked in the instructions that I downloaded for this pool and I don't see any place in there where it says to.

There was minor surface rust in a few spots on the inside of the wall when we set it up and we brushed those areas and sprayed with a rust inhibitor. So that got me realizing those areas were right where the receiver butts up to each other and water got in there and caused that to happen. Going back to my question, should it tape over those seams? Or seal them with something or just leave them be?
[URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/James_Pettengill/media/pool/20160617_130826_zpsiyseqnkd.jpg.html][/URL]

Thanks. I guess I'm just being over paranoid. I kind of figured that it wouldn't matter. I guess water is going to find its way where it wants to go regardless. I just want this pool to last. Everything on this pool is resin except for the top caps and wall so it should be good for a long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.