Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

I apologize in advance if I don't use the correct terminology! I just set up a new 20'x52" Ultra Frame after having an Easy Set last summer. There are now 3 holes to deal with (2 suction and 1 return) with the T plunger valve. My issue is that the strainer connectors I received ARE NOT THREADED, and therefore it seems I cannot get any accessories like a strainer basket or use a vacuum since I can't screw anything onto the strainer connector.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

I may be missing something here but are you saying that the 2 suction fittings that go through the pool wall are not threaded to hold them in place? If it is an Intex it should only have 2 holes one for supply and one for return. Bestway pools have 3 holes like your describing. The 2 suction holes are built into the pool wall and protrude about 3 inches out. The hose connects to these two protrusions with a hose clamp. You can make your own adapter with 3/4" pvc pipe to connect a vacuum hose to. Or you can find an over the rail skimmer for Bestway/Coleman pools that comes with the adapter. Intex also has the same skimmer type setup with adapters. A picture of what your talking about would help a lot.
    16'x48" Bestway Power Steel Above Ground Pool 6000 gallons
    13" Generic Sand Filter with 3/4hp single speed pump
    Pool up and running June 11, 2016
    No good test set yet (Lack of Funds)
    Filled with city water but we do have water restrictions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

Quote Originally Posted by shanny View Post
    I apologize in advance if I don't use the correct terminology! I just set up a new 20'x52" Ultra Frame after having an Easy Set last summer. There are now 3 holes to deal with (2 suction and 1 return) with the T plunger valve. My issue is that the strainer connectors I received ARE NOT THREADED, and therefore it seems I cannot get any accessories like a strainer basket or use a vacuum since I can't screw anything onto the strainer connector.
    I'm experiencing the very same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Poolforfun View Post
    I'm experiencing the very same issue. Does anyone have a solution?
    If you are willing to do a bit of cutting, you can replace them with standard Hayward wall fittings.

To connect to the screw on Intex hoses, use the GAME 40MM adapters:

https://www.amazon.com/GAME-4560-Con.../dp/B004TYBCEG
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!