Service recommendations

May 12, 2016
Naples, FL
I have purchased a vacation home in Naples, Florida with a IG freeform Gunite / Plaster Pool. Pool was built in 2005,is totally screened with basic cartridge filter with single speed pump. No automation or special equipment. Pool was inspected for basic condition and functional equipment and appears to be in great shape. Has been maintained by pool service company on a weekly basis. Haven't taken possession yet, as I am letting previous owners rent until end of month. My biggest issue is servicing pool when not present, obviously going to have to hire a service. I have purchased TF-100 test kit to evaluate pool when I am present. Also thinking about replacing equipment and adding SWG. Current equipment is 11 years old and just don't want to be caught having to make emergency repairs from 1,000 miles away. Anyone have recommendations on service company in area, of the hundreds that are available?

Welcome to TFP!

Adding an SWG will help a lot because it will prevent the service from chlorinating your pool with trichlor pucks and raising the CYA level skyhigh and creating problems.

If you are looking to upgrade everything here is what I would do. I am a Pentair guy because my PB installs Pentair and I have been happy with it for years. Others can offer their good opinions about Hayward or other brands which are just as good.
Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump
Pentair C&C 420 or 520 cartridge filter
Pentair Intellichlor IC40 or IC60 saltwater chlorine generator

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.