New member from Louisiana

Jun 17, 2016
BALL, LA
Hello, my name is Kathi and I live in Louisiana. We just put up a replacement above ground pool. The last pool we had was an intex 18X48 above ground pool and it gave us many years of swimming fun. It finally sprung a huge leak last summer so we purchased a new one this year. We couldn't afford what I really wanted so we had to settle for a Coleman 18X48 above ground pool. It's an okay pool so far. There are a lot of things I don't like about it but for the price of it, I can live with it. We had a sand filter set up with our older pool but we have to do some repairs to it so we had to use the filter and pump the coleman came with. I don't like the fact that it has no surface skimmer and that the pump motor is so small. We still have the pump that came with our intex pool and it is bigger and stronger than the coleman pump so we are going to see if we can use that one until we can afford to fix the sand pump. The only thing we have left to do with our pool setup is to figure out what to put around the outside sides of the pool between the pool and the edging? I was thinking about rocks but I'm worried about the rocks getting under the pool liner. I can't use mulch because our dogs would just remove it all. LOL. I did see some ideas on how to fill the edges with rocks using the black vinyl edging around the liner to prevent rocks from getting under the liner and I do think that just might be what we'll try. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reading all the forums and learn a thing or two and possibly share my 2 cents of knowledge.:cool: