Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing broken weir door

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing broken weir door

I've read a bunch of posts on this subject, yet following through with sources mentioned I don't see an exact match and don't know enough about weir doors to understand how exact of a match is needed , so I was hoping you guys might have some wisdom to pass along. Attached are some pictures ( I hope ) . Even the pool supply store had no answers. Thx so much in advance this forum is just the bestest and I can't imagine owning a pool without access to so much knowledge !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing broken weir door

If you remove the foam is there a part#?

Also check skimmer main body for part#
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

3. Back To Top    #3

The critical dimension is the width, so that it stays in place. The height is fine as long as it's close to the original. The closest match that will work would be Pentair Weir Assembly (516252) - INYOPools.com

Is there a part number on the underside of the skimmer, say for instance if you remove the foam, do you see a part number underneath it? If you can find that part number or the skimmer part number, call inyo pools about it and they can help you out too.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

This appears to be exactly like your broken weir except for size. At inyopool.com this PART# Hayward Weir, Skimmer (spx1089k) - INYOPools.com

Maybe a call to Hayward can get your replacement.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

5. Back To Top    #5

Part number.. That would help.. I didn't see one (which struck me as odd ) but didn't think about under the foam. Will check when I get home. While all of these look like options , my concern was the pivot hole. Seems to me like something that needs to match. Thanks so much for all the replies!!

6. Back To Top    #6

The mfg info is often on the underside of the skimmer lid.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach