This is my first year owning a pool and I have had trouble getting the pool into a normal state. I put it in several gallons of chlorine to get it chlorinated and to kill the organics in my pool so it would finally hold some chlorine. Problem is I went too much and my reading is roughly a 9 when it should be 1-3. What should I do about reducing the chlorine levels, is Chem Out a viable solution or should I just let it naturally go down. I ask because we want to use the pool this evening if possible. The water is also cloudy blue. Ph, alkalinity, stabilizer levels are near normal.