Little clear "hairs" in the pool

Jun 4, 2016
Villas, NJ
I have had the pool open for a few weeks now and the water is clear and balanced, but lately I have been noticing these little clear/translucent strands in my skimmer filter. Does anyone know what these are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had this before. Ended up my brush was old, and as I was brushing, the bristles would fall off. I just got a new one! Maybe your brush is old.

I
8f7a6f03b8b41e921ba06fd32c8e2554.jpg
8f7a6f03b8b41e921ba06fd32c8e2554.jpg

They are kind of stiff. At first I thought maybe white algae but from what I have seen that looks like toilet paper. These look like clear thick hairs

I have had this before. Ended up my brush was old, and as I was brushing, the bristles would fall off. I just got a new one! Maybe your brush is old.

That makes perfect sense. That is why I love this forum. The pool store I am certain would have convinced me that it was some exotic bacteria that needed tons of expensive chems!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.