Slamming this morning

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
If anyone is interested, Im starting my slam in a few min and I will post results as they come in..

Pre-Slam
FC 10
CC .5
PH 7.4
TA 230
TH 290
CYA 37

Gonna throw in some MA real quick to get the ph down a little more then I will start the slam

Added 1 Gal bleach

FC 17
CC .25 - lightest shade of almost colorless I could imagine prior to reagent

NO PH test.. didnt figure it would be accurate. Added 32 oz of MA prior to bleach to drop to 7.2 ish

Thinking this may be a quick slam with CC starting at .5 early this morning

Adjusted jet to a slight aeration

We are only interested in the pictures, specifically the progress pictures!! Just kidding, but really pictures are good. Take one daily looking down at your steps - this will show the progress of your Slam and help in case you feel it hits a lull.

Feel free to add the MA then go right to FC of 16. No need to dose for pH then retest as your previous testing has been good. I see you may be predisposed to 37, but you can call your CYA 40. Good luck and I think you are setup to complete it quickly.

UPDATE

No need to aerate during Slam. PH tends to rise anyway and you won't be able to test it during your Slam it could get to high. Not a large concern, just no reason to encourage it either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slamming cuz its opening and the previous owners left it in bad shape... covered in september but didnt clean it. Dude was a hack and couldnt fix anything properly

Its not cloudy at all..I dont think Ive ever really seen another pool so clear. More of a preventative thing

And the wife wants it clean and clear...:bowdown:

- - - Updated - - -

fc 15
cc.5

Im sitting on 2 of the criteria right now...
My CC jumps between .5 and 1 but Ive never put more than 2 drops in the check CC
Its only burned off a total of 2 FC since I slammed it just before the sun came up... East facing pool so itll be in the sun til about 130

Added 20 oz bleach an hour ago
FC 18.5
C .5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.