Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using Taylor K-2006C Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Using Taylor K-2006C Test Kit

I have just received my test kit
    I can't see how to test for Cyanuric acid down to 20ppm as it is only graduated down to 30ppm
    10,000 gallons inground Leisure fibreglass pool, Hayward powerline pump, Quality120 glass media filter, 27kw output air source heat pump and thermal cover.
    Retractable cover with Polycarbonate roof and glass side for all year round use. K-2006C test kit and Speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Using Taylor K-2006C Test Kit

If it completely clear filled to the top, you can assume there is none. If it's a little hazy, you might have 10-20.

What do you see when you fill the tube?
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

I would keep CYA at 30 so that it can be verified.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I haven't filled it yet, I was waiting to see what answers I got before attempting
    I have a Retractable cover with Polycarbonate roof and glass side for all year round use and I was previously advised to keep it at 20
    10,000 gallons inground Leisure fibreglass pool, Hayward powerline pump, Quality120 glass media filter, 27kw output air source heat pump and thermal cover.
    Retractable cover with Polycarbonate roof and glass side for all year round use. K-2006C test kit and Speed stir

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

The CYA view tube that comes with the TF-100 can measure down to 20, the one that comes with the k-2006 can only measure down to 30. You want your level high enough to get a reading so if you are using the k-2006 then you will need to bring it to 30. Unfortunately TFTestkits cannot ship Taylor chemicals outside the US, but you might contact them about possibly getting a view tube and mixing bottle. Not sure shipping costs would make it worthwhile but it is one option if you would rather keep your CYA lower. Truthfully though, the difference between maintaining at 20 CYA and 30 CYA are minimal.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

If you can get a TF-Test kit CYA measuring cylinder which measures down to 20.

TFTestkits.net
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

7. Back To Top    #7

That seems ideal, why don't they ship that in the kit
    My problem is being in the UK it takes ages to receive it, that is if I can find someone to ship it

8. Back To Top    #8

Dennis I don't know why Taylor sends tube min of 30ppm for CYA with their k-2006-c and the tube sent with TF 100 reading min 0f 30 is Taylor made and which I assume from TFT Testkits website the replacement is described as being Taylor.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All