Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another pool refilled with fresh water

1. Back To Top    #1

Another pool refilled with fresh water

I have been asked to look after my friends pool when they saw how mine looked using this great website. I totally drained it as as the CYA was 200 ppm. Anyway pool is refilled and here are my latest results. This pool is 20000 gallons, vinyl lined with a 1.5 kripsol pump. I am using a Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

FC 6.2
    CYA 52
    TA 82
    PH 7.5
    CC O.O1

The water is lovely and clear but is using quite a lot of chlorine (strength is only 4%) Should CC be 0 or are the results OK?
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Another pool refilled with fresh water

I have no clue what that tester is, but for the sake of discussion I'll assume it's accurate. If the daily FC loss is 2-4 ppm that's considered normal.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

I am with Mr. Bruce and want to add that with the strength only being 4% it WILL seem as if a lot is being used but there is not much chlorine in each jug.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Screenshot from 2016-06-17 15:46:12.jpg
    Thanks for the replies. This the tester I use and is it very accurate, unfortunately I cannot get the test kits that are recommended on here in Cyprus. The liquid Chlorine is the strongest I can get here and comes in 20 litre containers (5 US Gallons ) but is relatively cheap at 7 euros (7.8 US dollars). The FC loss is in the range you mention, at the moment the temp is nearly 40c (104f)
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

You might want to add "Cyprus" to your location. For all I know it's somebody that can't spell Fresno

For what I understand, accurate electronic testing is very expensive and requires frequent calibration. I understand the Cyprus thing, I'm not sure what you can do.

Except maybe visit someone in the US and take a keepsake home!

If it's that hot and sunny, yes, you're going to go through a lot of FC.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
    You might want to add "Cyprus" to your location. For all I know it's somebody that can't spell Fresno

For what I understand, accurate electronic testing is very expensive and requires frequent calibration. I understand the Cyprus thing, I'm not sure what you can do.

Except maybe visit someone in the US and take a keepsake home!

If it's that hot and sunny, yes, you're going to go through a lot of FC.
    Thank you, I have changed it to Cyprus.