Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NPT Azteca Modifier and Plaster Warranty?

1. Back To Top    #1

fort worth, tx

NPT Azteca Modifier and Plaster Warranty?

We are looking at using a NPT Stonescapes mini pebble plaster product for our pool, and having the PB add our own glass beads, abalone etc.

Yesterday at NPT, we were discussing the warranty on the plaster, and the guy there said that while you could use your own glass beads, it could only be used as a substitute for one of the other items added in the stock mix. He went on to say that if you used your own beads, but failed to use their Azteca modifier, that their plaster warranty would be void.

I can't find anything on their site stating this, or anything about their warranty at all. Anyone smart on this?
    Construction began 5/2016. IGF pool. 41' x 21'. Jandy DEV60, Jandy 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 280 Black Max, Rainbow 320 chlorinator, Jandy JXI 400, Jandy iAqualink, Jandy LED's. 2'x2'x10' rock weeping wall. Dive rock. Tile/Plaster: NPT Silverstone AquaMarine Decking: Stained Stamped Concrete/Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads and abalone.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: NPT Azteca Modifier and Plaster Warranty?

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. NPT is one of the top pool plaster companies in the nation. I would definitely do it "their way". And you can't blame them for not wanting to warranty somebody else's materials or mix.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach