Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new user first thread

1. Back To Top    #1

new user first thread

so I am not sure where this needs to go, I could not tell from the categories where we talk about pop ups. I am have a 12 y/o pool with pop ups and i have replaced some of them from time to time. I also have replaced the caretaker assembly when that breaks. I have an unusual problem that I cannot figure out. In my spa bench I have 1 pop up head that does not turn, easy fix right? I ordered one off the interweb and $60 later I had a new pop up. So I popped it in (no pun intended) and the new one does not turn. So I thought maybe I had a bad head so I pulled out another one (that was turning) and swapped them both. So now neither one of them are turning like they should. I can tell by looking at them it appears they do not pop up and if they do, they do not seat themselves back flush with the pool in order to hit the next tooth to rotate. I am at a loss here on what to check. All the others in the pool seem to be working fine. Pressure seems to be fine and I clean the screen occasionally that goes in next to the caretaker assembly.

thanks for reading
    12K Gal, IG Pebble, 2HP VSP Pentair, Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor salt system, Polaris pop ups, spa, waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new user first thread

Not all pop-ups are designed to rotate. Some of them are fixed. They should have different part numbers and you should make sure you know which kind you are replacing.
    50,000 gallon plaster in-ground salt pool with two 60 sq ft DE filters, two Intellichlor IC60 SWGs, two Intelliflo VS pumps, two Whisperflo pumps, two Pentair 400K BTU NG heaters, PCC2000 in-floor cleaning system...two everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

good to know, I will check. thanks
    12K Gal, IG Pebble, 2HP VSP Pentair, Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor salt system, Polaris pop ups, spa, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

purchased 2 new heads and everything works fine now, not sure why the other one which was brand new (and did rotate in my hands) did not work, but at this point I no longer care.