No More Pool Store!

Jun 8, 2016
Tulare, CA
So, I joined the site about a week ago and have been doing the "prerequisite" reading and I am ready to say that I have made my last trip to our local pool store.

As I look over things I am convinced that pool stores only have my wallet in mind when I show up. :hammer: Need Chlorine and what do they recommend? Either powder or tablets that will do the trick but drive my CYA up....same with their shock treatments! They make a HUGE deal about phosphates to get you to buy more chemicals. Need to increase TA? Yup, more expensive chemicals that I can get elsewhere at a much lower cost. Oh, and when that CYA gets too high they have a chemical solution to that problem - at $60 per treatment! Well, seeing that I just drained and refilled 30K gallons of water, I AM DONE WITH THE POOL STORES!:handwave:

I'll test my own water and do my own chemistry - I am motivated to do it right, not to spend money needlessly!:testkit:

OK TFP, I'M IN!!!:swim:

So, I joined the site about a week ago and have been doing the "prerequisite" reading and I am ready to say that I have made my last trip to our local pool store.

As I look over things I am convinced that pool stores only have my wallet in mind when I show up. :hammer: Need Chlorine and what do they recommend? Either powder or tablets that will do the trick but drive my CYA up....same with their shock treatments! They make a HUGE deal about phosphates to get you to buy more chemicals. Need to increase TA? Yup, more expensive chemicals that I can get elsewhere at a much lower cost. Oh, and when that CYA gets too high they have a chemical solution to that problem - at $60 per treatment! Well, seeing that I just drained and refilled 30K gallons of water, I AM DONE WITH THE POOL STORES!:handwave:

I'll test my own water and do my own chemistry - I am motivated to do it right, not to spend money needlessly!:testkit:

OK TFP, I'M IN!!!:swim:

I noticed the pool store gave my SIL the Alkalinity up, (hers was 90) then they gave her a PH reducer, ha ha. The tablets she uses made her PH low, so I gave her some "PH up", which was actually the soda ash. I didn't tell her, though.

Welcome to the forum!

Kim:

Good question! Actually, the pool DID figure into our purchase decision (how could it not???), but that was a bonus as the rest of the house was "move-in ready". This pool is a social thing with all the seating benches located in it.....hope to have folks over for the 4th and share with friends.....in clear TFP water!!!

Good for you BNilsen! Your stance to control your pool made me think of Popeye the Sailor Man "That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands n'more!" :whoot:

Alright I blind or not smart enough to figure it out!

Where is the art work kimcats says is SO pretty..... I want to see it too.

Good for you BNilsen! Your stance to control your pool made me think of Popeye the Sailor Man "That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands n'more!" :whoot:

Alright I blind or not smart enough to figure it out!

Where is the art work kimcats says is SO pretty..... I want to see it too.

Irregular Shape

Here is his link to see his pool. Of course I would LOVE to see MORE pictures LOL

Irregular Shape

I found it by going to his profile and clicking on his started threads.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.