Trouble with Aquarite not generating, new cell

Jun 16, 2016
Spring, TX
Moved into our place a couple years ago and have always used chlorine despite the pool having a salt system. Added the recommended salt up to 3200ppm and replaced the Cell (picked up a T-15 which is what it had). Turned it on and it wouldn't generate. The board was reading low voltage and no current. Did some research on this fantastic forum and it looked like it was the thermistor.

Ordered one from digikey and installed it last night. The no flow light came on when i started it up but after a minute or so it turned to generating. I came inside and looked at my aqualinks (have it controlling the aquarite) and the "check cell" message was gone. I was pumped!! Later on that night it looked like it was no longer generating and the "hi salt" light was on. Unit said 3200ppms.

Came home after work the next day to check it again to see if it had started working again (i read sometimes reads hi salt with new cells) and now the only light on is the Aqualinks light on the Aquarite board. No power light or anything. Display reads 3900ppm, no voltage, no current. Help! Any suggestions? Do i need a new board? Maybe I botched the solder job? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to keep chlorine in the pool in the meantime by adding liquid chlorine. I'll add what has in the past been a good "shock" amount and by the end of the day there will be no chlorine registered. Pool looks clear. Live in Houston so it has been very hot lately (water temp is 90F, outside temp has been 95F). Awesome forum!

The no voltage is the key. Maybe a bad solder joint. Double check that all wiring was put back correctly. Check wires going to the rectifiers. Google aquarite diagnostic manual for more test procedures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.