Fence Ideas

Van G

Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Toronto
We continue our pool planning - DIY Fibreglass Inground.

In Toronto we are required to have the pool completely fenced and secure gated. We cannot use the house as part of the enclosure.

Our back door will be a 16' French sliding door and it is 24" above grade (3 risers).

We are trying to figure out how to fence between the pool and back of house without going straight across the yard.

I'll post a sketch of the lot tomorrow but wanted to see if people had ideas on how to meet code and be safe but not cutoff the yard.

Our lot is 50' wide at the back of house and expands to 70'. It is 150' from back of house to rear lot line.

Van G

Putting your pool nearer and along one side of the back yard will yield a more accessible and less cutoff feeling space back there.

Have a sketch that we are working on that shows what we are working towards. The deck from the rear of house to pool won't be that large and we originally thought steps would flow to the back yard and be fairly wide.

The task at hand is figuring out how to effectively 'fence or gate' that portion of the property so we don't have to fence in the pool? Or is there another approach?

Attachments

• Discussion 1 Merged.pdf
    161.5 KB · Views: 58
What type of fence do you plan on using? Our neighbors used a black fence that looks beautiful I think it's aluminum maybe? Is your deck short enough that you could fence around it like a "deck railing" and then extend the fence towards the edges of the yard from there? Not sure if that could work. That way when you step off the deck you open the fence to the pool area? Not sure if that is a solution...

I've been looking at the WamBam aluminum fence panels with my neighbour who is also a DIY kind of guy.

I forgot to mention that we will be adding a dog to our family next year.

We've played around with layouts and keep coming back to fencing the whole yard. Gates at the side and back.

The issue falls back on how to 'gate' the large patio door.

Van G

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.