Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fence Ideas

1. Back To Top    #1

Fence Ideas

We continue our pool planning - DIY Fibreglass Inground.

In Toronto we are required to have the pool completely fenced and secure gated. We cannot use the house as part of the enclosure.

Our back door will be a 16' French sliding door and it is 24" above grade (3 risers).

We are trying to figure out how to fence between the pool and back of house without going straight across the yard.

I'll post a sketch of the lot tomorrow but wanted to see if people had ideas on how to meet code and be safe but not cutoff the yard.

Our lot is 50' wide at the back of house and expands to 70'. It is 150' from back of house to rear lot line.

Van G

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Fence Ideas

Putting your pool nearer and along one side of the back yard will yield a more accessible and less cutoff feeling space back there.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't visualize without pics. You'll get lots of help here though! I don't know what we would have done without TFP!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

Have a sketch that we are working on that shows what we are working towards. The deck from the rear of house to pool won't be that large and we originally thought steps would flow to the back yard and be fairly wide.

The task at hand is figuring out how to effectively 'fence or gate' that portion of the property so we don't have to fence in the pool? Or is there another approach?
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Back To Top    #5

The picture links are broken. Are you using Photobucket?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

6. Back To Top    #6

Fence Ideas

Attached PDF. Should work now.
    Is there a better way to put PDF's in thread?

Van G

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Van G View Post
    Attached PDF. Should work now.
    Is there a better way to put PDF's in thread?

Van G
    I don't see a PDF. I've seen others do it successfully but I've only been able to get the pictures to work. Maybe someone else will help.

8. Back To Top    #8

I used photobucket to share your pdf. ( made it an image first)

Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

9. Back To Top    #9

What type of fence do you plan on using? Our neighbors used a black fence that looks beautiful I think it's aluminum maybe? Is your deck short enough that you could fence around it like a "deck railing" and then extend the fence towards the edges of the yard from there? Not sure if that could work. That way when you step off the deck you open the fence to the pool area? Not sure if that is a solution...
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

10. Back To Top    #10

I've been looking at the WamBam aluminum fence panels with my neighbour who is also a DIY kind of guy.

I forgot to mention that we will be adding a dog to our family next year.

We've played around with layouts and keep coming back to fencing the whole yard. Gates at the side and back.

The issue falls back on how to 'gate' the large patio door.

Van G