Anyway to keep mesh covered pool from opening badly

Apr 19, 2009
Is there a solution to keeping a pool that uses a mesh cover from opening with alot of algae in it. I imagine you cant do anything about dirt etc since thats the nature of the beast but is there something chemically you can do to prevent algae using that style of cover.

Many people with mesh covers check their levels and add a little chlorine every few weeks through the winter. That helps keep things under control. It is also important to open the pool before the water gets very warm, certainly before the water gets to 60 degrees, preferably earlier.

To reinforce what Jason said, I think it depends on where you are located, and when you open your pool. I'm fairly far north and this was my first year with a mesh cover. As soon as we were no longer freezing overnight (mid april), I peeled back a corner of my cover and dropped the thermometer in. As soon as the water hit 55 a few weeks later, I opened the pool with clear water. I had a ton of dirt on the bottom, but like you said, that's the nature of the beast.

Of course, my trees have been 'bombing' my pool since, but that's another story! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.