confusing results pool calc check

May 21, 2016
Swansea MA
I got home today and the kids were in the pool. Did my test when I get home as always. After 3 days of not adding bleach as the FC was dropping very slowly. My test results showed FC .5 and CC 2.5. Went to pool calc and for my pool 13,500 gallons it said to add 90 oz of 8.25% bleach to raise it to 6. I only had 54 oz so i added what I had and vacuumed then ran to Wally World for more. Grabbed 5 gallons of the 10% pool bleach figguring I would need a SLAM this weekend. Got back from Wally World ate and went and tested just to be sure of where I was and BOOM FC 7.5 and CC.5?

Could the kids being in the pool throw my readings off that far?

Am I calculating wrong?

Am I just missing something?:hammer:

7.5 will be my starting point for my OCLT will see in the morning.

Well failed the OCLT.
5:45 am
FC 5
CC 1.5
Looks like a SLAM is in my future. I must admit kind of excited to do my first. Although with my earlier mistake I am wondering. Won't be able to start until Saturday afternoon so maybe will do another test tonight.

Added 86oz of 10% bleach to get to FC 10 let the filter run 45 mins and over shot again
Now
FC 13
CC .5

We will see what the AM brings. On a side note I have a DE filter and haven't seen any pressure increase yet this year. Just a theory but what if the organics are in the DE? The water remains crystal clear since I pulled off the cover. Am i just ultra paranoid?

testing this AM:
FC 12.5
CC .5
Looks like I am good. Should I stop being so paranoid when CC are up on any given 1 day? Should I trust what I see more than the tests? Like cloudy rainy days causing higher CC or crystal clear water with no slimy feelings and no chlorine smell? I mean i read here all the time every pool is different. Most days my CC is .5 or lower some days are elevated. Could this just be how my pool acts? I just don't want to SLAMing for no other reason then I want to try it. LOL

Took that advise Doc and walked around in the pool with a tape measure today. My depth goes from 46" in one deep spot to 44" in a shallower spot. Average of 45" inches of most the pool. That is an 800 gallon difference. Not huge put still a difference.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.