Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Preparing for hand-off from contractor

1. Back To Top    #1

Preparing for hand-off from contractor

Our pool just got its new pebble-sheen plaster today. The contractor is going to start adding water in the next day or two. The contractor will be "maintaining" the water for the first week to 10 days and then is handing it back to me.

I just found this forum this week. I just put my order in for the TF-100 and the magnetic stir plate.

What supplies should I have on hand to accept the hand-off and be ready to go?

20,000 gallon pool

Thanks for the help
    June 2016 remodel IG 14k gal Blue Surf Pebble Sheen : Hayward Star Clear Plus C12002 : Pentair Challenger 2HP 1' : Century Pool and Spa Motor 3/4 HP 2' : Pentair Master Temp heater : Polaris 280 pool sweep : TF-100/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Preparing for hand-off from contractor

Hard to say as we do not know what the contractor is going to add.

You will need to ensure your CYA get set to the proper level and then simply use bleach to maintain adequate FC.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

They should give you some instructions to follow for the first 30 days.

Pebbletec also has general instructions on their website here,
    Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

and they will send you the following when you register you pool here, Product Registration Pebble Tec
    Upon registering your product, you will receive an email containing the PTI Protection Plan complete with contact information for your dedicated support team, general guidelines, warranty details and important pool care information.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you!
    June 2016 remodel IG 14k gal Blue Surf Pebble Sheen : Hayward Star Clear Plus C12002 : Pentair Challenger 2HP 1' : Century Pool and Spa Motor 3/4 HP 2' : Pentair Master Temp heater : Polaris 280 pool sweep : TF-100/Speed Stir