Overland Park, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi TFP Forum! As noted when I first joined, I did get a TF-100 kit and have run my first tests.

FC 4 ............... (Pool Math Goal 3-10)
CC .5
PH 7.6 .............(Pool Math Goal 7.5 to 7.8)
TA 90 ............. (Pool Math Goal 60 - 80)
CYA 70 ........... (Pool Math Goal 70 - 80)
CH 225 ........... (Pool Math Goal 0 - 300)

About the only thing I can see that could be tweaked is the TA. I could lower the PH with Muriatic which will lower the TA and then let the PH rise via aeration - something I have no shortage of with my SWG and waterfall. I'll start with 2 quarts and see if that gets the TA down closer to 80-85. It took a while and a lot of adding to get the CYA up to 70!! I'm going to grab a 25 lb box/bag to rebuild my supply.

Any comments or suggestions based on my numbers?

Last edited:
Re: Checking in with forst TF-100 test results

TA is fine unless you have pH issues. CH is not important (within reason) in a vinyl pool. How does the water look?

I would not bother buying more CYA ... it should not really drop much except from splashout or rain overflow.

No hurry on the TA, numbers look pretty good ... I would bump the FC up a bit ... I would want a bigger buffer than just 1ppm above the absolute minimum.

We've been getting a lot of evap from high temps and the auto filler is topping off daily. Assuming that dilutes CYA somewhat over time?. I'll leave it be though as noted.

I was actually going to also target 6 for the FC and raise it up more than 4. Honestly I was shocked that my numbers were this good since I've been using 7 way guess strips for the last 2 years. I got some good advice from my pool builder right off about using muriatic acid and had added CYA in the past to reduce the drag on the SWG.

I was glad to see the numbers were pretty well in line. I wasn't sure if being at 90 for TA was bad with the range topping at 80 or not. Understand that these are target ranges though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.