Newbie confirming Clorox date code interpretation

Chasmengr

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2016
Omaha, NE
I just bought several 121 fl oz Clorox Concentrated Germicidal Bleach ("8.3%"). The date code is "H3 16144 IL-1." To me this doesn't quite match the format posted on TFP several years ago (found while searching). In the store, I saw the "16," and assumed that was year of manufacture with "144" being the Julian component. But at home I searched TFP and found posts stating the third character (i.e., "1") indicates 2011 as the date of manufacture.

Did I buy really old bleach, or has Clorox changed their coding system?

In the example the code is A8809507. If we break it down the way it is in the example A8 8095 07, A8 is the letter and first number for plant A8. 8 is for 2008 and 095 is the 95th day of the year.

Here is a link to the latest info on their website, which basically says the same thing first letter and digit are the plant code, the next two digits are the year and the next 3 digits are the day of the year.

Clorox® Regular-Bleach should be replaced every year and stored as directed for optimum performance. | Clorox

Which thread were you looking at for the date codes? There is one from 2014 and one from 2012.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.