How do I tell if my Jandy AquaPure is dead?

Jun 17, 2011
North Texas
Last week the pool was beautiful. Clear water, chemicals balanced, perfect temperature for swimming.

Then we got a bunch of rain on Sunday, and I noticed it was cloudy. By Tuesday it was green.

When I checked the panel Tuesday evening, there was no error message but the green light for the cell wasn't on. Thinking the cell might need cleaning (I didn't clean it during our spring cleaning 6 weeks ago), I did an acid bath, then hooked everything back up. The green light came on, but I poured some bleach just to get a jump start on removing the algae.

Yesterday, the pool is still green and the green light for the cell is still on. So it says the SWG is working, but obviously it's not producing chlorine. I'm going to pour more bleach in tonight, but I'm not sure what else to look for. Is my cell dead, or in the final throes of death?

Pool & System were installed in 2011.
Salt level is 3100ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.