Jandy/Zodiac ePump Ground Wiring

Dec 20, 2015
Austin, TX
Hello,
I am installing a Jandy/Zodiac 2HP ePump, and have a question regarding where to attach the 220V ground wire. Note that I am referring to the 220V Ground, not the Bonding terminal ground.

I have the ePump with the AO Smith motor, and under the drive unit cover there are two places to attach the 220V Ground - either at the PCB next to the L1 & L2 terminals, or on the chassis (see photo). Both have Ground symbols next to them, and I currently have the ground attached to the chassis as seen in the photo. The ePump installation guide is of no help as it simply states to "use the green screw provided", and there is no green screw. However, there is a green dot next to the chassis ground as you can see in the photo.

I checked for continuity between the two ground points and they appear to be the same ground plane (0 ohms). Does it matter which one I use?

20160616_110503.jpg

Bumping to see if we can get you some help. Welcome to TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.