Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward TriStar SP3202VSP and Omnilogic

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward TriStar SP3202VSP and Omnilogic

Does the Hayward TriStar SP3202VSP work with the Omnilogic or do I have to get the TriStar SP3202VSPND?

Thanks!
    30,000 gallon In-ground pool with spillover spa
    Omnilogic, SWG (Hayward T-15 Cell), Hayward actuated valves and Raypak Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward TriStar SP3202VSP and Omnilogic

You need the TriStar SP3202VSPND for automation.

TriStar VS | Pumps | In Ground Pool Pumps - Hayward Pool Products
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Mark. Can I get the SP3202VSP and just disable the screen? I was hoping to have the display just in case the Omnilogic ever went down? I read through the SP3202VSP manual and it talks about disabling the screen for automation.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 17

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...s-S3202VSP.pdf

4. Back To Top    #4

That I do not know. Call Hayward tech support. They are usually pretty helpful for questions like that.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

The TriStar VS 900 pump can communicate with and be controlled by Hayward pool controls such as OmniLogic™,
    ProLogic®, E-Command® 4, and OnCommand®. Minimum software revision requirements: OmniLogic R1.0.0,
    ProLogic 3.00, OnCommand 1.00, E-Command 2.65, E-Command 4 2.80, AquaLogic 2.65, and AquaPlus 2.65.
    The ecostar can also do what you want.

6. Back To Top    #6

I talked myself out of the EcoStar as it just seems like too much pump and the local hayward guy said my plumbing may not like the EcoStar since my pool is 20+ years old with 1.5" plumbing.

7. Back To Top    #7

The good thing about a vsp is that you can control the flow rate. Just set a safe top speed. The 900 will do what you want. Previously, only the vspnd would communicate with Hayward automation. However, they change features all the time and the new models might work like you want. As suggested, check with Hayward for the latest information.

8. Back To Top    #8

I upgraded to the Tristar3202VSP and use it with Omnilogic. I installed the screen next to my Omnilogic panel and ran two separate wires to the pump. In case something happens to the Omnilogic, I can still operate the pump with its screen.

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.