Adding a "fountain"

May 31, 2016
Port Washington
First off, thanks for all the help you have given me as I venture into "pool" maintenance once again. Ive learned a lot by simply reading this forum and hope to return the favor in short time.
Im very mechanical but gave up on this one, im sure im having a brain fart but hopefully someone can offer me the proverbial kick in the butt I need to get this running.
I have a 14' X 46" "pool" with an in wall skimmer/pump. As you see below the water returns from the pump via an 1.5" hose (B) into a male fitting (A)

The disconnected part is the intex fountain that I want to hook up, now I can simply pull hose (B) off of (A), plug the return hole in the pool and re-hook it up to part (C) of the fountain. Problem is this is a process and I dont see the gasket on (C) lasting long with the constant on/off use. Went to Home D the other day in hopes of plumbing a "Y" off the pump and feeding 2 shut off valves so i could control the flow of water to A, C or a little to both. I had no luck. The 1.5" hose is not standard, well not that I can find anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pool.jpg

If you take the union apart and take it with you to the store, you might get lucky and find a compatible union. Then you can pipe the connection any way you like.

I took the hose and part A, no luck. :-(
Is this 1.5" hose standard? I know 1.5" hose is standard but this setup requires a non-corrugated section in order to make the seal on to the male section. Haven't found anything that fits that bill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.