Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pac-Fab Triton sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Pac-Fab Triton sand filter

Any idea how much sand should be in my filter? Since I had to replace a lateral recently, I decided just to change it out and have added somewhere around 350 pounds of new sand. 500 pounds was recommended to me, but I don't have the care guide as I believe the filter is original to the pool (1977). Thanks.
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pac-Fab Triton TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pac-Fab Triton sand filter

What is the size of the filter (40,50,60,100,140)? W/o that we'd be guessing. If you don't know the size you could just fill to the point where the sand covers the top pipe.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's a 100
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pac-Fab Triton TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...ilters-183.htm

Click on "Specs" on the right.
    Looks to be 600# for the tr 100 - or - 150# gravel on bottom and 450# sand.

You can get the manual from the above link too.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment