Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor K-2005 vs others

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor K-2005 vs others

So I have been using a Taylor K-2005 test kit for years without issue (except that I cannot see chlorine levels above 10 when shocking or slamming my pool). Is this the reason for recommending other kits? Otherwise, I feel like my K-2005 has served me well. I am about out of reagents and was going to reorder, but thought I'd ask before doing so as I know the TF-100 and K-2006 are recommended here. Thanks.
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pac-Fab Triton TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor K-2005 vs others

You could price out a new kit vs the cost of replacing only the reagents you need/use and adding the K-1515 (FAS-DPD test).

3. Back To Top    #3

The only difference between the K-2005 and the K-2005 is the FC test. The 2005 has the DPD test and the 2006 has the FAS-DPD test that we recommend.

Instead of a new kit, just get this: Complete Refill Set for Taylor K-2006 for $50
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

If you get the refill Tim linked to ... you should add a scoop for the powder, and maybe a chlorine only cylinder.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I can buy these cheaper off Amazon. Does a purchase from TFTestkits support the forum in any way? If so I will purchase. Otherwise, I will save money on Amazon.
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pac-Fab Triton TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot

6. Back To Top    #6

They will not push you to buy from them, and you aren't likely to get a reply to that question due to that. They support this site to help us, and we are free to go anywhere to get what we need. Other than without a good kit people can't help.

I got my kit from Amazon, THEN found this site. I paid for the Lifetime at that time because I personally felt it was well worth the input I can get so quickly. Since then I have ordered from TFTestkits when I can, but still have used Amazon at times as well if a small order and shipping just puts it out of whack.

In the end, nobody here cares where you got it, as long as you have it, but supporting the site is always nice and they DO support it. I send them my business whenever I can, but they will never ask for it, demand it, and again.. Nobody here will care as long as you have the kit that can give the results they need to help.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.