Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Neighborhood Pool Problems: Runaround reasons

1. Back To Top    #1

Neighborhood Pool Problems: Runaround reasons

Our neighborhood pool has apparently tuned green and the pool company is giving a lame excuse, I think. Anyone care to give their opinion. This makes me glad I have my own pool

"Further investigations also revealed the phosphate levels and TDS (total dissolved solids) in the pool water are too high. When this occurs, the cleaning chemicals are rendered ineffective. The pool will be closed for at least the rest of this week for a total change-out of the pool water.

Thank you for your patience as these issues are addressed. Stay tuned for further updates."
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

2. Back To Top    #2

Neighborhood Pool Problems: Runaround reasons

Sounds like whoever is in charge of those chemicals needs TFP. I'll let experienced people answer the questions though, lol.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Neighborhood Pool Problems: Runaround reasons

Neighborhood pool "pool stored." should be the caption
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Clear green, probably copper. Someone must have bought copper based algaecide.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I bet if you tested the water the CYA would be sky high and THAT is what is keeping the FC from "working".

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Unfortunately being considered a public pool if the CYA is sky high then adjusting the FC to the appropriate level is not possible, so even if their reasoning is bunk a drain and fill is the solution to the problem. Fun tidbit, phosphates prevent pipe corrosion so most municipal supplies have "high" phosphate levels coming out of the tap. The refill water will likely be just as high in phosphates yet miraculously not be green. Must be magic.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

My advice, don't use public pools. Also, hire a new pool company.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

8. Back To Top    #8

We haven't been to the neighborhood pool in years. I'm just watching teh drama on the neighborhood message board.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.