New robot for AGP - dolphin but what model?

It's been some time since I've had to come to TFP for help, which is a good thing! That means everything is going along swimmingly ;) However, our Pool Rover Jr bit the dust after 5 seasons (ugh) and I'm looking for a, better, replacement. I think I've landed on getting a Dolphin but I'm confused about what models might be appropriate for an above ground pool? I saw the new E10 but didn't know if I should be considering any other models? I'm certain that I want one that has a top-load filter basket. We definitely need something that can do leaves and such as well as fine dusty particles and bucket fulls of tree seeds in the spring. If I know it will last, I'm willing to spend up to $800 but I don't want to go beyond that. Any thoughts? TIA!

Sorry no one has got with you, I went with a suction side "the poolcleaner" so I have no idea about the robots other than everyone loves them until they break :)

Thanks for your response. We had a suction side cleaner that broke too (before the pool rover jr, which then broke) ;) Unfortunately, although it makes other parts of keeping the pool clean easier, we have a 2 hp pump on a 21' round, so the suction cleaners just don't seem to work well with that much power, which seems completely counter intuitive. Edit: I should add that the biggest issue is that the return force pushes the suction cleaners to one end of the pool and they struggle to get anywhere else, which is why we went to a robot that we could run with the pump off.

ahhh, yep, I have a 3 way Jandy valve and have to throttle mine down on high, they really don't like overpowering :) now under power is fine, he just moves slower...

I just ended up going with the Dolphin E10. I ordered through sunplay.com since they had the best price and no shipping fees or tax. We'll see what happens. The closest dealer to us is over an hour away, so I just decided to purchase online and live with those consequences should something unfortunate happen within the 1 year warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.