We recently bought a new home with an inground 16x35 vinyl liner pool. I am having a hard time keeping my chlorine levels right. The pool was extremely dirty when we opened it but now the water is clear and here are the latest water testing numbers.
We shocked the pool twice at opening to clear the water. I have to add around 72 oz liquid shock every night to maintain a 1 FC level. I have a floating dispenser with 4 tabs of 3 inch chlorine in at all times but it doesn't seem to help. We are using a solar cover at night. The pool store is telling me to add 7 lbs of stabilizer and 12 lbs of power shock in order to lower the total chlorine, which seems like a lot of shock to add. We are having a party at the house in 3 days and I'm afraid we won't be able to use the pool if I add 12 lbs of power shock. What can I do to fix this problem?