Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to put on ground?

1. Back To Top    #1

What to put on ground?

So I want to cover the ground around our summer escape pool so my kids can avoid walking in the dirt and grass getting in and out. I was looking into outdoor rugs/ carpet but I'm not sure .. Does anyone have suggestions for temporary ground cover?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What to put on ground?

We use the big foam puzzle squares over our deck for our 18 mth old's feet. It should keep them out of the dirt and grass, also.
    13,770 gal, AG pool-steel sides, vinyl, 24' round, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter, Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1.5 HP, Type SP, TFT Test Kit-T100.

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh didn't think about that... Easy enough to clean I'm guessing? Thanks for suggesting those

4. Back To Top    #4

Last year we got those rubber patio tiles from the box store as a stopgap until we did the deck this year. They worked out great. We've moved them over to the pump/filter area and still loving them.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcC View Post
    Last year we got those rubber patio tiles from the box store as a stopgap until we did the deck this year. They worked out great. We've moved them over to the pump/filter area and still loving them.
    Do yours get really hot in the sun? I have them as the base of my pool ladder (3x5ft area) and they get way hotter than the Trex decking at my last house. Also, I cut my foot on one of them, as there were some small pieces of wire sticking out of the recycled rubber, so look at each one carefully, as I had to return 3 of them to Menard's for this reason.
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten