Chemicals out of whack!

Jun 15, 2016
Saltsburg
HELP! FC-O/0 Ph.8.4 TA40 Hardness100 CYA 30-40 . I have shocked the pool a few times (Which cleared the algae) and added baking soda. My pool guy told me, oh dont worry about the CYA . Is that true? My ph went up and TA dropped and no matter how much chlorine I add it still reads 0. I am on a tight budget this year and this is getting expensive. :( I am about to order chems online and planning to go back to Bromine just because it seemed more manageable when I used it 3years ago and about 8 years before that. We have had lots a rain as well which could be adding to this problem? My test kit is just the strips from HTH.

Someone with more experience than I will need to provide specific guidance, but I've learned quickly the first response: get yourself a good test kit (TF-100 recommended), throw the test strips away, and don't speak to the pool store. :)

Hi Pam! I am SO glad you found us here at TFP! We can and will get your pool looking like a jewel but we need you to help us do it. The help is getting a good test kit like FL said. Look in my siggy for the one I think gives you the best value for your money.

While you are waiting for your test kit to get there please read this:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This will tell you the whys and hows of TFP care. It is a lot of info. so take it in small bites. Once you get your test kit you will find it even easier to understand.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.