Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: robotic pool cleaner mod?

1. Back To Top    #1

robotic pool cleaner mod?

Is it possible to purchase a waterproof cable swivel seperately and slice it into you robotic pool cleaners existing floating cable? If so does anyone know if/where one can purchase this type of swivel? I am happy with my current robotic cleaner but I hate untangling the cord so often.
    15k gal inground Viking fiberglass pool; Hayward Variable 1.5hp pump (Maxflo VS); Hayward swimclear 325 sg ft cartridge filter; Raypak 206A 199k btu nat gas heater; Aquabot Bravo robotic pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: robotic pool cleaner mod?

My Tigershark is a similarly designed robot. I don't have many issues with tangling. Are you changing the handle position before each time you run it?

I don't believe there is a reliable way to add a swivel to a robot that does not have one.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    My Tigershark is a similarly designed robot. I don't have many issues with tangling. Are you changing the handle position before each time you run it?

I don't believe there is a reliable way to add a swivel to a robot that does not have one.
    no..I don't change the handle position often...maybe about once a month.. I know i should change it more often
    15k gal inground Viking fiberglass pool; Hayward Variable 1.5hp pump (Maxflo VS); Hayward swimclear 325 sg ft cartridge filter; Raypak 206A 199k btu nat gas heater; Aquabot Bravo robotic pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Is it possible to purchase a waterproof cable swivel seperately and slice it into you robotic pool cleaners existing floating cable? If so does anyone know if/where one can purchase this type of swivel? I am happy with my current robotic cleaner but I hate untangling the cord so often.
    2 Wire Cable Ez Swivel For Aquabot Pool Cleaner Power Cable

They have different kinds for 2-wire and 5-wire
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    2 Wire Cable Ez Swivel For Aquabot Pool Cleaner Power Cable

They have different kinds for 2-wire and 5-wire
    the swivel in your link seems like the type of swivel that one would use to help with an already tangled cable. I am looking for something that would help prevent tangling during the robotic cleaners use. (probably something that you would have to cut and splice wires and install closer to the robot itself rather than closer to the power pac.

6. Back To Top    #6

They don't sell them because the manufacturers would go nuts. It's not a good idea to splice the cord.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall