IG Lighting

It could be DIY if you're skilled in electrical, concrete and excavation work. If you're putting in a light niche, I'd recommend having it done professionally. There are some other options out there now such as fiber optic pool lighting that might be more DIY.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thanks JVTrain. I just contacted my local pool builder who recently installed a liner and new pump for me. He is going to work up a quote on a couple of lights, which I'm sure will run me over $2k if I'm lucky. I will have to figure out whether or not my family will enjoy swimming enough at night to justify the cost.

Anyone know of any alternative methods of lighting a pool without running canned lights?

If you check out this thread, a user has used LED strip lighting to add light to the pool. I believe this is technically against electrical code, but I'm not certain. Making an old pool NEW again If you didn't want to put it below the coping, you could do a similar LED strip in your fencing or other area around the pool to be up to code.

There are also some fiber optics options that may be amenable to DIY, depending on your ability to work with FO cable and lighting. LED and Fiber Optic Lighting by Wiedamark - Fiber Optic Pool Spa
It's easier to meet electrical code with FO lighting since there is no wiring near the pool, only the FO cable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.