Introduction - Algea in pool

Jun 16, 2016
Bronx
Hi everyone:

I put my first pool up for memorial day. The water in the pool has turned green; the algea is very visible. Can't remember the size of the pool off the top of my head (something by 42) but it is an Intex above ground pool. I just ordered the shocker for the pool to clean it out, (I have no knowledge of pools only what I googled), can I get some advice on how to clean the pool and maintain it. :cool:

Cruzie

Cruzie, just about anything you need to know for your pool care is listed below in the vital ink you see in my signature. You'll need to update yours as well soon. But if you have algae, then you need to perform a TFP "SLAM" as noted on the link below. We do not use pool store chemicals nor do we follow their old-school habits of shocking once or twice. We "SLAM". In addition, we test our own water as that has been proven to be easily performed by pool owners and provides the most accurate results. I would recommend the TF-100 test kit (link below). So if you're ready to fix that water and take 100% charge of your pool, the TF-100 is the place to start. Once you get that test kit, post your test numbers and we can help you from there. If you have any questions about the test kit or the links below, please let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.