Is my pH OK

May 15, 2009
Kentucky
Ok guys first let me say that this site is great in just a couple of days I have been able to open my pool and my water looks great. My new test kit makes a world of difference. My question is my pH is reading around 7.3 or 7.4. Its a little darker than the 7.2 mark, but a little lighter than the 7.5 mark. My TA is 110. I just shocked my pool last night for the 2nd time this week using bleach and today my FC was 3 and my CC was 0. My question is should I try to get my pH up a little using BORAX or is it ok to start the season at this level? I'm concernced if I add more BORAX it will rasie my TA to high since I'm at he upper recommended level.

Your PH is fine where it is unless you are using trichlor tablets. Trichlor users should raise the PH when it gets that low. Everyone else can expect that the PH will probably go up slowly on it's own, and can simply wait for that to happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.