Cloudy Water

gguff

Aug 3, 2015
Aledo, Texas
Seems to be a theme lately. 2 weeks ago in DFW area we had a ton of rain. Our pool had a ton of rain and dirt runoff enter the pool then 2 days later we flew out for a week to El Salvador. Now back. Started a slam Sunday and continued through yesterday. 2 nights in a row of a good OCLT result.
Numbers:
pH 7.2
Cya <30
TA 70
CH 180
FC 12
CC<0.5
CH before rain 450+, CYA before rain 80. Cleaned filters yesterday running pump now 12 hours. Water is blue but cloudy.

Looks like you have a couple issues to watch at the moment based on those test results and what happened recently. For the flooding and run-off, that will simply take time. It's great you passed your OCLT, so now that cartridge filter needs time to do its job. I would however be careful and watch that CYA. Get it back up higher soon to protect your FC during/after the SLAM. I would also be careful about your CH level. Not sure if your well water is hard or not. If it is, that will help get you closer to the minimal CH level soon with refills. If your well water is soft, then you may need to allow pH and TA to compensate by raising them a little to protect your plaster. When in doubt, take a look at the "CSI" row on the Poolmath calculator. Good luck on clearing your water.

Thank you Texas Splash. I'm gonna add some dichlor shock to the pool to raise cya because I have some laying around. Question about the pool calculator effects of adding chemicals. When you switch it to adding dichlor to the pool, is it using the 99% concentration dichlor? importsnt to know before I add way too much or way too little

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.