Bioguard Pool Complete (what is this?)

Susiejax

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2016
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Before switching to the (totally awesome) TFP method, I bought some of the "new, exciting" chemical offerings from the pool store. One is the
Bioguard Pool Complete 3-in-1. Any clue about what this is, or what it (ACTUALLY) does?

Claims:

• Keeps water AMAZINGLY clear
  • Prevents build-up around the pool waterline
  • Continuously removes phosphate to the filter
There is no ingredient list on the bottle, just a cautionary disclaimer that states that it contains Aluminum Sulfates and Surfactants.

What should I do with this stuff.

Return it or throw it away but don't add it to your pool. It's nothing more than a cheap floc (aluminum sulfate) and some surfactants to help disperse surface debris. Floccs are generally not needed in a clean pool with a functioning filter.

Once again, standard pool chemical manufacturer' nonsense - this is nothing more than cheap ingredients that are heavily marketed and packaged with fancy wording to make the consumer believe it does something useful.

Return it or throw it away but don't add it to your pool. It's nothing more than a cheap floc (aluminum sulfate) and some surfactants to help disperse surface debris. Floccs are generally not needed in a clean pool with a functioning filter.

Once again, standard pool chemical manufacturer' nonsense - this is nothing more than cheap ingredients that are heavily marketed and packaged with fancy wording to make the consumer believe it does something useful.

As I suspected :)

Thanks for the input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.