Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Missing Flow Sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

Missing Flow Sensor

I recently moved to a new home with an above ground pool. It has a Hayward Turbo Cell GLX-CELL-5. I started to get the pump and everything set up last night, but found I was missing the flow sensor. I don't believe the previous owners left me one so either they weren't using one themselves or accidentally packed it when they left. My question is how important is the flow sensor and would I be able to get things going without it?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Missing Flow Sensor

Welcome to TFP!

Some of the above ground Hayward SWG's do not have a flow sensor as the cell is designed to be plumbed at the return near the pool itself. You could look up the exact model that you have and see if it does need the flow sensor.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Missing Flow Sensor

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that some don't have a flow sensor because they way it looks to be set up is the cell plugs in right before the return. Before I posted I searched for any information regarding my specific model, but I could only find manuals online for other Hayward products.

Again, thanks for the info!!