Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator as Chlorine Tank for Stenner Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator as Chlorine Tank for Stenner Pump

Is there any reason I can't use the Liquidator container as the chlorine tank for a stenner pump. Since I already have one, it seems like I should be able to use that instead of getting a new tank.
    16,500 gallon in-ground pool and spa with Quartzscapes Midnight-blue and pretty sparkles
    Aqualink RS with PDA
    Jandy Pro Series Plus HP 2 HP 2 Speed Pump
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator as Chlorine Tank for Stenner Pump

I see know reason why you couldnt do that...but there are others with way more experience then I have. Did you have problems with the Liguidator?
    38,000 gallon vinyl liner, True "L", Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Diving Board

3. Back To Top    #3

The Liquidator is OK, but it's not very precise, especially when I run the pump at different speeds for saving energy vs. seeing all my water features run while I'm out there. It is also very dependent on how much chlorine is actually in the container as to how much chlorine is put in the pool itself so I am constantly fiddling with it. It seems that some people can get it to work well with their pool and not have to mess too much with it. I just haven't been able to do so.

I also think the floats and connectors aren't all that well made. I turned on the pool the other day and the tubing blew off the check valve. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Who knows with more patience, it could work better for me, but based on reading the forums it sounds like the stenner is more my style so to speak. I was on the fence originally and was leaning toward the stenner, but thought I would try the non-mechanical option first.
    16,500 gallon in-ground pool and spa with Quartzscapes Midnight-blue and pretty sparkles
    Aqualink RS with PDA

4. Back To Top    #4

I hear you....Im actually trying to rig something up myself...if that doesnt work I may go with the stenner set-up. I assume you dont need a check valve with the stenner as the tubing is actually pinched shut when its not moving, is that correct?

Thanks
    38,000 gallon vinyl liner, True "L", Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Diving Board

5. Back To Top    #5

That is my understanding.

I walked out this afternoon and the check valve on the liquidator had burst and was spewing water everywhere.
    Aqualink RS with PDA

6. Back To Top    #6

Darn why didn't I think of that? Yes you can. And anyone in the market for a used Liquidator?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

Tank is a tank. Should work just fine. I made a rustic box for mine out of pallets to shade it. Liquidator works great for me. Any mechanical chlorinator will require adjustments.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

8. Back To Top    #8

That's what I thought in terms of a tank, but wanted to see what those with more experience than I thought.

Agreed, everything needs adjustments. Manual, pucks, liquidator, etc. it's a matter of how much adjusting. Something I learned from reading all the posts on this site, there are things that work for one pool/person that may not work as well for another. I'm glad it works great for you and seems to for others as well. I wish it did for me as I really like the concept of it.

So maybe I have a finicky pool coupled with a finicky person. I wonder how that will work out in the long run.
    Aqualink RS with PDA