Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kits

1. Back To Top    #1

Test kits

Hi, I am new to the pool world, I have found it very overwhelming. We purchased an above ground pool and I purchase a 5 way test kit. I am looking for an user friendly test kit not strips that has everything In need in way. It is a saltwater pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kits

Hi! You sure have found the right place to have a Trouble Free Pool. We can teach you how to take care of your pool!

Can you do something for me? It will REALLY help us help you. Put your pool details in your signature-settings (upper right), edit signature (middle left). Put in size of pool and what equipment you have- pump size and filter size and kind.

Once we know this info we can REALLY get you going!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

I have used the TF-100 to maintain my saltwater pool for 4 years now. It is the best and most complete test kit value out there. I buy mine from TFTestkits.net.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TF-100 has everything you need for testing yourself. There is a link in my signature. When I first got to this site, I thought upwards of $70 was pretty expensive for a testing kit, but it will truly save you $100s ($1000s over time) in largely useless chemicals from a pool store.
    Chris
    17' x 35' outdoor in-ground Grecian shaped w/ vinyl liner. ≈ 21,000 gallons. Hayward S-200 Sand Filter and 1 HP Hayward Super-pump. Other Accessories: slide, light, ladder, fiberglass stairs, TF-100. Baquacil Conversion - June 2015, SLAM How-to, Chlorine/CYA Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks you all. I am ordering the tf100. I decided not to do anything with chemicals until I get the kit. I also need to educate myself on the proper way to post in forums. I didn't mean to hijack someone else's. So sorry
    Above ground intex 24x 52 Swg with sand filter pump. Well water. New started the end of May. 11,600 gallons. Test kit TF100

6. Back To Top    #6

Good job on getting the test kit on the way.

For posting on TFP (some forums have different ways of doing things) you start your own thread. You keep all of your questions in that thread. That helps us read and know the whole story of the pool and what has been done to it.

Lets do this-hop over to "Just Getting Started" and start a thread there. Just Getting Started Tell us of any questions you have as well as any problems you might be having.

When you get your test kit put that in your signature.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Excellent decision on TF-100
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All