Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't find leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Cinnaminson nj

Can't find leak

HELP! I have a 36000 gallon concrete pool. I have been losing water since I opened a week ago. This year we had to drain, replace lost tiles, fix some superficial concrete, and paint the pool. Since we refilled I have been losing water about 2 inches a day. I have shut the pump off for the past 4 days to measure the water loss. Plugged return up still lost water, main drain has been plugged for years, did dye test on skimmer, around light and superficial concrete chips and saw nothing. The water level seems to stop dropping after it hits about 2 to 3 inches below tiles. Pump is still off. Any ideas were to check next? The pool was built in the early 80s. Thank you.
    37 gallon concrete pool. Built in the 80s. One jet,main drain has been plugged for years.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Can't find leak

check the light conduit. Fill pool up and take the light out of niche housing. Dye test conduit
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Can't find leak

Welcome to TFP!

This article from Pool School might be helpful, Pool School - Leak Detection
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach