Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Dolphin Nautilus has always shot the dirt up the top, am I missing something?

1. Back To Top    #1

My Dolphin Nautilus has always shot the dirt up the top, am I missing something?

For as long as I can remember the Nautilus has shot up most of the dust up the top, is that it's normal behavior? or am I missing something. Im using the corrugated cartridge which I assume is the fine particle one as opposed to the plain one
    5K gal, IG concrete/tile, 1/2 HP Argentum pump, Sand filter, Thriclorine tablets, Dolphin Nautilus cleaning robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Dolphin Nautilus has always shot the dirt up the top, am I missing something?

I have the same basic unit and I can't see how this would be possible. The fan at the top sucks the water through the filters. Something is not right. I suggest you call Maytronics and tell them the problem and see what they say.. When I first turn mine on, I can see a swirl of water coming out, but no dirt or dust. The pleated filter is the best one for collecting fine dust and dirt.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.