Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach frequency question

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach frequency question

CYA: 50-60
    pH: 7.6
    FC: 6
    CC: 0

My pool gets all day sun. Hot, humid gulf coast sun. I find that I'm having to add a gallon of 8.25% bleach daily. Is this normal? I do not chlorinate with any other methods other than bleach. If I forget to add, FC drops by 2-3ppm daily.
    30k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair Tagelus TA 60D sand

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Bleach frequency question

With a CYA of 60 (always round the CYA reading up), your minimum FC is 5. If you notice it going below 5, target a number higher than 7 - say 8 or 9. A gallon (or is it 121oz only??) of 8.25% per day in a 30k gallon pool is pretty normal. FC drops of 2-4 per day is quite normal this time of year.

Please add your state to your location.... over there <<<---------- so it shows up. Most don't that St. Francisville is in LA. This will make it easier to provide more accurate information based on your location.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bleach frequency question

Thanks! And yes it is the 121 oz. hard to be exact with the CYA reading test. You add the drops till the black vial dot "just disappears". Is there a better CYA test available? I'm probably closer to 50 based on this test but hard to be exact.
    30k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair Tagelus TA 60D sand