Intex new sand filter & old cartridge salt water system together?

Jul 7, 2015
Reidsville
I'm hoping someone in this way smarter than me forum, can answer a couple questions for me and won't think I'm too dumb. ?

I just ordered a new intex 3000 gph sand filter 28651EG.

What does 3000 gph pump flow rate and 2450 gph system rate mean?

Also I have an intex cs8111 model saltwater system with cartridge filter 2000 gph. Can I put these together? I would want the sand filter to be first, the cartridge filter doesn't work that well.

Lastly could I split the intake hose and have each system separate, so I could run them at different times or together, and have them both run back together at the return.

Looking around the forum, I've seen some of y'all do some pretty cool setups with your ABG pools. Very creative. Any ideas on this would be welcome. Thanks

PS. I hope my I info is below, I entered it but I can't tell if it's posting on my phone. Thanks!!?

Welcome to TFP :)

You really want only 1 pump and filter in line, I don't see any problem using 2 completely separate systems in the same pool :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.